Neil Patel is a renowned marketer and entrepreneur known for being the co-founder of marketing tools and platforms such as Quicksprout, Crazy Egg, Hello Bar, and KISSmetrics. He has worked with companies like NBC, Amazon, GM, HP, and Viacom to help grow their revenue.
His accolades include being named one of the Top 10 Online Marketers by Forbes, one of the Top 100 Entrepreneurs under the age of 35 by the United Nations, and as a Top 100 Entrepreneur under the age of 30 by President Obama.
Neil is also an advisor for KindAds, an advertising platform that aims to cut out intermediaries to serve audiences more user-friendly ads and create more value for advertisers.
In the following interview, CoinCentral discussed KindAds, the effects of the cryptocurrency advertising ban, blockchain entrepreneurship, regulation, ICOs, and the evolution of the space with him. Check out our top takeaways below:
Top 8 Takeaways from Neil Patel
1. What matters the most in the blockchain advertising space is that it needs to have a real sustainable business model that is unique and works well, even though it’s not as popular and a large advertising space like Google and Facebook.
2. A blockchain-based digital marketing project can still do successfully as long as their network gets usage and will continue do so since it’s profitable.
3. The crypto advertising space will have to do more organic inbound marketing such as press and social media marketing to build a community of passionate people who believe and wants to use the project amidst the cryptocurrency ban on Google, Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms.
4. The key element for a successful community for a project is usage (usage of an app, product, and more).
5. Blockchain is going to change the digital marketing landscape since it’ll be able to cut out the middleman.
6. The Initial Coin Offering (ICO) world will change in 2018 with even stricter regulations.
7. Entrepreneurs and Digital Marketers should jump into blockchain not just for the sake of earning money but because they’re willing to learn and spend the time and effort to be knowledgeable.
8. The best source to learn the most about the blockchain space is to attend conferences about it.